Squarespace is a widely used website builder, especially in the creative space. Many podcasters promote the service and it is one of the biggest names in website building in general
But just because the service is popular, this does not mean it’s the best option. Let’s take a look at the positive and negative features of Squarespace so that you can decide if it’s the right website builder for you.
Pros of Using Squarespace
Let’s first take a look at the good features: what does Squarespace do well?
- Manage and edit your site from your mobile device. The ability to access every feature of the site through a mobile app is a massive benefit to using Squarespace. No matter where you are or what you are doing, you can quickly handle any issues that arise or address customer concerns quickly and easily.
- Beautiful templates. Squarespace doesn’t offer as many options for templates as do some other website builders. However, the ones they do offer are phenomenal. They feature eye-catching designs and are appreciated by all users.
- Easy to link to social media. The ability to link your various online profiles to your website is a great way to reach potential customers no matter which social media services they use. Squarespace can be integrated with many of the top social media platforms including Facebook and Twitter.
Cons of Using Squarespace
Squarespace is clearly a great option for many businesses and entrepreneurs. But after looking at the positive aspects of Squarespace, it’s crucial that we also define some potentially negative features of the service.
- No free option. While the paid options are very reasonable, there is no free option available from Squarespace. This can create issues for businesses and individuals who want to find a service that provides a “bare bones” package that allows them to save on cost.
- Lack of phone support. Overall, Squarespace’s customer service is excellent. Messages are answered quickly and thoroughly. However, it’s important to many businesses that there is a number to call so that they can speak to someone in person, should issues arise.
- Not beginner friendly. Compared to other website builders, Squarespace is a bit more complicated. It’s not incredibly hard to learn, but there definitely are some features that take some getting used to. So, if you are someone who struggles mightily with technology, you may want to consider another website building service.
How do these negative options factor into your decision? Let’s put it all together so you can determine whether Squarespace is the right choice for you.
Looking at all of the data, Squarespace seems to be a great option for those who are slightly more proficient with their tech skills, don’t mind paying for the service, and are searching for high quality templates versus pure quantity. If Squarespace still checks all of the boxes for you after hearing the potential negatives, then follow the lead of many other entrepreneurs and start building your website with Squarespace today!
Is Wix any good?
Wix Website Builder Review When you’re starting a business or beginning a new hobby, you’ll often want to have an…
Disclosure: We are a professional review site that receives compensation from the companies whose products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give high marks to only the very best. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.