Health is wealth, we all read it, herd it and watch it but still we are confused about it. Why I am saying confuse because still, we give priorities to materialistic things but not our health. We eat crap, working longer hours for bonus and the worse thing is we work empty stomachs or just eating chips and chocolates.
But we start caring for our health when we start getting sick the entire time or body stop producing enough energy for work or lastly doctor’s advice, yes I am right about doctor’s advice. So let’s talk about top 10 best cheapest food list you can add in your diet and this food not only help you to improve your health but also help you to improve your immunity and stay fit. I am not adding any expensive food in this top cheapest food list. So anyone can buy it.
1. Wheat porridge: the market is full of crap these days we want to cornflakes or special-k or other highly advertised food because they said in the advertisement, it is the best healthy choice. But in reality their nutrition value is not up to mark as compared to wheat porridge. It is cheap and easy to cook, 1 cup cooked wheat porridge will provide you around 200calories, 33g carbs, 4g fat, 5g protein, and 2.3g fibers. So it is a great meal choice and it is incredibly cheap as well. You must add this to your morning breakfast and get the benefits.
2. Sprouts: You can eat boiled or cooked beans or pulses but you can increase nutrient value via sprouting. If you don’t like raw sprouts then you also can boil it. When you can make kale Chane (Black Gram) sprouts, Soybean Sprouts, fenugreek sprouts, Mung bean(Green Gram) sprouts, etc. You can do it at home. You need to do soaked them for the night and then hang them in a cotton cloth for 48 hours for sprouting. They are rich in protein, fiber, folate, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. According to the study mostly like green grams, sprouts have antifungal, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties. They are extremely helpful for diabetes and hypertension patients. 100g of boiled green gram sprouts will provide you around 7 g proteins, 20g carbohydrates, and 7.60g fibers and they are pocket friendly and easily available.
3. Flaxseeds: Flaxseeds are easily available, very cheap, and fully packed with very important nutrients. The only problem these days people think if it is expensive then it is better, but I do not agree with you. If some goods have less production then it becomes costly but if most people are growing it then it means more production and you can buy it cheaply. One tablespoon of flaxseeds will provide you around 37 calories, 1.3g protein, 2.5g good fats, 1.9g fiber and they are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and studies tell us, they are rich in lignans, which may reduce cancer risk. They also may help to improve your good cholesterol level and decrease the bad cholesterol level.
4. Eggs: It is also called a super food, easy to cook, cheap, and normally available for the whole year. They are rich in protein, minerals, vitamins, and good fats. One study tells us, whole eggs also contain choline, which is extremely important for our brain health. Eggs help to raise good HDL good cholesterol and do not affect badly on blood cholesterol.
But still if you have some cholesterol issue and you are eating more than recommended eggs to complete your daily protein intake then or you can have 1-2 whole eggs in a day and res only white part of eggs which is full with proteins. It depends on most of the vegan people also eggs but depends on your belief. One whole egg can provide you 5g of healthy fats, 77 calories, and 6g of protein. Whole eggs are a great source of amino acids, omega-3, antioxidants, and very low in calories.
5. Green salads: green salads are high in vitamin c, beta-carotene, folate, calcium, vitamin A, fibers, antioxidants, and anti-aging effects. They are rich in all types of minerals and provide good nutrients for our skin and body. You can have tomatoes, cucumber, spinach, coriander, lettuce, all type capsicum, and peppermint. Some items are expensive in some countries so you can choose wisely but always remember green salad is a green salad. One plate green salad around 100gwill provide you 15 calories, 0.9g protein, and 2g carbs with no fats.
6. Green leafy veggies. They are also best for your health and provide strong immunity. Dark green veggies are the best source of minerals like magnesium, iron, calcium, and potassium. Also work as strong antioxidants and best for your health. Great source of vitamins like E,C, K, and b vitamins. Raw 100g leafy vegetables contain only 23 calories, 3.6g carbs, and 2.2g fibers.
7. Milk: Milk is easy available dairy product and right in protein and other elements beneficial for our health. You can make curd from it and get the good bacteria for your gut. Add half spoon turmeric in milk and drink once in a day and you will see the magic of it for your health. One glass of milk provides you 45-gram sugars and. As an online nutritionist I advise you if you are looking for weight loss then avoid all types of dairy products after the afternoon. One cup around 245g milk with 1% fat will provide you 103 calories, 12g carbs, 12g natural sugar, and 2.4g total fat.
8. Bran wheat: Wheat bran is the best source of insoluble fiber. If you are suffering from constipation then add this bran wheat in your diet and get the benefits. You can add bran wheat in other flours or you can sprinkle on your smoothies, porridges, and yogurts. 100g of wheat bran contains around 216 calories, 65g carbs, 43g dietary fiber, 16g protein, and 2.2g polyunsaturated fat.
9. Fruits: Yes how can we forget about fruits? They are rich in antioxidants, minerals, fibers, vitamins, and contain natural sugar. They are very essential for our heart and overall health. You must have eaten protein 2-3 serving In a day for good health benefits. Most of us find it confusing because we have to eat salads, vegetables, beans, pulses, meats, milk, and bread to make our health better. So how you can eat all of a day, it is confusing for all of us. but I suggest an easy way is, you can add small amounts of mixed fruits with other meals, and the same way you can add other types of foods like bread, pulses, beans, curd, and salads, we can add in one meal with small quantity. 100g of protein will provide you around 52 calories, 14g carbs, 2.4g fibers, 0.2g fat, and 0.3g protein.
10. Legumes: They are grown as a crop and beans, peas, lentils, peanuts, alfalfa, and lupins are great examples of legumes. They are rich in everything. So better add them to your daily meals. 100g of legumes will provide you 81 calories, 14g carbs, 5g protein, 5g fiber, and 0.4g fat.
Important note: Nutrition fact depends on your guidance source. This article is for information purposes only.
About Author-Paramjit Singh “Parambodyfitmind” Provides the best online fitness coaching in India for both males and females. His aims to help you achieve your fitness goals besides a visible body transformation. He is a well-experienced fitness expert and also a health and fitness blogger.